Kentucky Booster Seat Law
Kentucky law requires that children under 7 years old and between 40 and 50 inches tall ride properly restrained in a booster seat.
Either type seat will protect the child in combination with a lap and shoulder belt.
4 Steps to Child Passenger Safety
Rear Facing Infant
1. To upper weight 7 height limit of car seat.
2. New goal is to keep babies rear-facing until 2 years of age.
1. Use until upper height & weight limits of seat (aprox. 4 years and 40 pounds).
2. Always use top tether strap.
1. Children should use boosters only after outgrowing their harnessed seat until approximately 8 years old or 4'9".
Adult Seat Belt
1. Age 8 or older and at least 4'9".
2. Lap belt across upper thighs and shoulder belt across chest; knees bend at seat edge.